Housing: How To Apply Tarrant County Housing Housing: How To Apply
Apply for Housing

How To Apply

The Tarrant County Housing Assistance Office Wait list is now CLOSED.


Tarrant County Housing Assistance Office is no longer accepting application.  TCHAO received over 13,000 applications for assistance in just seven days.  Applicants may wait up to three to four years for assistance. 


Please keep in mind you are able to apply to multiple Housing Choice Voucher programs at the same time, providing their wait list is open and you do not currently hold a Housing Choice voucher.

Consider one of these other options that may be able to provide assistance sooner.

  • Weatherford Housing Authority Housing Choice Voucher (Section 8): 817-596-0300
  • Denton Housing Authority Housing Choice Voucher (Section 8): 940-383-3039
  • Fort Worth Housing Authority Conventional Housing: 817-336-2419
  • Check for other housing options www.hud.gov/renting.  
  • Some apartment complexes offer units based on income. To find a list go to www.tdhca.state.tx.us/assist_main.htm.  The property descriptions will specify any special needs the complex can accommodate.
  • Call United Way First Call for Help. Simply dial 2-1-1 and explain your situation. First Call for Help will be able to refer you to the agencies in your area that can best help you. This referal line is also useful for assistance with food, clothing, medical needs and more.

Tarrant County Housing Assistance Office will work diligently to help as many families as quickly as we can with available resources.

Content Last Modified on 2/9/2010 8:24:26 AM